Wednesday 12 March 2014

It's a big world out there!

This past week has been eventful. Monumental, I could say. In just a matter of a few days, Lennox has made huge gains with his development. I'm SO excited!

Over the course of the week he has started:

1. Solid foods. I have been giving him rice cereal once a day just to add some variety. He has tolerated it well and enjoys the change. It was pretty messy the first time but has since caught on, and gets a big smile on his face when I place him in his high chair.  
2. Completely holding his head up. Lennox has also discovered that he controls his fingers. He will stare as he opens and closes his hand countless times. Who needs toys? These finger things are fascinating! Open, close. Open, close! He seems to have gone from so "baby-like" (and by that I mean soft and squishy, requiring a lot of support) to stronger and more sturdy overnight. With his new mastered skill of supporting his head, he has become interested in looking around at everyone and everything. He learns more and more about his environment each day and it's exciting. I can just imagine what's happening in his baby brain. It's a lot of information to take in. But he seems to take it all in stride, with a big smile on his face.
3. Water therapy. We started going to water therapy at the hospital with a group of 10 other children. Most of which have Down syndrome. It was inviting and there was a familiarity amongst strangers. Lennox enjoyed the music and floating in the water. I enjoyed meeting and talking to other parents and seeing the kiddies. I had a really great chat with another mom close to my age. And her little guy is only a few weeks older than Lennox. It appears, our circle just got a little bigger! I think water therapy is going to be great for both of us.
4. Playing in his Exersaucer. I'm a fan of Baby Einstein. The colours, the sounds and music seem to attract growing little minds. So with that in mind, Santa brought Lennox a Baby Einstein Exersaucer. And now that little man is completely holding his head up, I figured I'd try him in his new toy for a challenge and a change of scenery. I only have him in there for short periods of time, but he seems to really enjoy it. I know he is exercising his baby brain because he concentrates on reaching, all the while chewing his tongue.
It's a whole new world for him now. It is so cute to watch. Grow baby grow!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Christie!

I just stumbled upon your blog, and then proceeded to read it right back to the beginning. You are such a strong and amazing lady and mom, who I feel privileged to know. Lennox is such a little sweetheart, and an adorable addition to the gang.

I loved reading your stories and updates, and can't wait to hear more.

Big hugs!

Amanda

The Life I Didn't Expect said...

I can't believe how big he's getting!! He is beautiful and the reason he's doing so well is a direct result of what a wonderful mom you are!! He is so loved by everyone, and i know he will continue to thrive as he grows!!

Lots of love,

Judit

Unknown said...

Thanks Amanda for your kind words! And thank you for following:) Hope all is well with you and Alan in the land Down Under!

Unknown said...

Thanks Judit! I am happy that you are part of his life (and mine) :)