Friday 21 March 2014

Happy World Down syndrome Day:)

Today is World Down syndrome Day! 3:21!

In celebration of today my family and friends showed their love and support by wearing funky socks! Why funky socks, you ask? Because they're fun! They're cool and they're unique! Just like those who have Down syndrome:) A sock is a sock...it doesn't matter if it is different or doesn't match. It is still a sock. 

We also had a little party. There was cake:). And my beautiful and talented niece baked these amazing chocolate cherry cupcakes! Yum. 


In recognition of this wonderful day I have been brainstorming on how to make a difference in how the world sees individuals with Down syndrome. It seems a bit overwhelming. How can I reach all those people? Then I figured it out. Social media. So I started following links for DS on Facebook. It was so heartwarming to see all the different posts and photos of beautiful children, I decided to start my own Facebook page for Lennox. https://www.facebook.com/daysfilledwithsunshine I have to admit, it's exciting watching the "likes" increase. But it's also kind of disheartening at the same time. I guess I was hoping for faster recognition. The page is designed to celebrate the beauty of Down syndrome and to promote awareness and acceptance. So that's where I guess I need to lighten up a bit. I can't change the world overnight. I know it will take time. We have already opened many eyes by just being ourselves. It warms my heart with all the love, support and acceptance we have received from everyone. Thank you all <3 You too, are spreading the love without even knowing it.

To continue in spreading the word..if any of you are on Facebook, please like my page. Share it with your friends. Help change the world. Share the love:). Lennox thanks you. I thank you!

Happy World Down syndrome day! We love you Lennox <3

No comments: